firenze.js is an ORM (object relational mapper). It tries to remain as database agnostic as possible, so that its adapter based architecture can wrap around any database environment, and provide a seamless experience to developers.
Before getting started, it would help to have some basic knowledge of these things:
Some terminologies that we will use frequently:
- Database: Represents connection to a single database
- Adapter: What connects firenze.js to database environments with consistent API
- Collection: Represents a table in a Database
- Model: Represents a record/row in a Collection
- Behavior: Hooks into Collection and Model's lifecycle callbacks